When Zipp introduced their Tangente line of tires in 2007 they did it with a focus on leading edge airflow properties and how they interfaced with their rims. They worked with an industry-leading manufacturer to develop the tire casing and tread compound, but did not have as heavy of a focus on rolling resistance.
For the Tangente Course tires, Zipp has taken everything they learned from Firecrest rim shapes and updated their tire technology to not only maximize airflow, but also optimize rolling resistance. Add in a nylon puncture protection layer under the tread, and you have a durable tire with some peace of mind.
• Intended for racing and training & optimized for dry road conditions
• Nylon puncture protection layer under tread
• 120 TPI nylon casing
• New aero tread pattern
• Sidewalls designed for supple and compliant ride feel
• Rubber formulated for grip and acceleration
• Very low rolling resistance to save power
• Light weight