The new SRAM RED Yaw Front Derailleur is a game changer.
Until now, front derailleurs simply moved back and forth. SRAM had the briliance to have the derailleur cage actually rotate slightly as it moves to maintain a consistent angular relationship with the chain. SRAM labeled it Yaw Technology, and it eliminates the need for shifter trim. As a result, shifts feel more direct and more precise.
• Weight: 74 grams (braze-on)
• Yaw cage rotates in line with chain, improving the shifting speed and precision while eliminating the need for shifter trim
• Slim spring design eliminates frame interference
• Optimized for shifting with X GlideR Chainrings
• Best combination of aluminum and steel for the strongest and most durable cage SRAM has ever made
• Precision install markings
• Integrated chain spotter protects your frame without adding any extra clunk, and adjusts independently of the derailleur itself
• Not compatible with previous generation SRAM Red shifters or cranksets