The new Zipp Tangente Platinum Pro Evo Brake Pad is the result of Zipp’s endless drive to improve and optimize everything they make. The redesigned pad — created especially for braking on carbon surfaces — delivers smooth speed control and reliable stopping power in all conditions, wet or dry. It also is designed for a longer wear life. Just like a champion cyclist, this pad is a versatile performer.
The new Tangente Platinum Pro Evo Brake Pad does all this in several specific ways:
• A 10 percent increase in surface area than the previous pad model for greater max braking power.
• A 1 mm thinner design provides improved clearance with integrated brakes.
• Despite a reduced thickness, its increased radial height increases pad life.
• Increased radial height also spreads heat over larger “swept area” of the rim for lower peak temperatures.
• New groove design sweeps water off rim for improved wet-weather braking performance and also channels air over rim to improve cooling.
• Uniquely formulated compound manages the extreme temperatures that can result from heavy braking on carbon.
• SRAM / Shimano brake compatible
• Sold in packs of two to retrofit one brake. Purchase quantity two if you plan to replace brake pads in both brakes.
• Recommended for use with carbon road wheelsets